This recipe for cilantro chimichurri was inspired by a gorgeous sunny day, a garden full of fresh herbs, and an adults-only night at home (for those concerned, this is a completely G-rated recipe)
So, I knew I wanted to make steak, I knew I wanted to grill it- well, I wanted my boyfriend to grill it- and I knew I wanted something fresh to have with it. The answer? This Cilantro Chimichurri.
Top a grilled steak with this bright, fresh, herby mixture and you will not be sorry. It’s the perfect Summer meal. This is also great atop grilled fish, fish tacos, or grilled vegetables. Ooh, even on a burger. So you get it, its good on so many things.
A meal topped with this cilantro chimichurri pairs so well with a classic margarita-the salt, the lime, the tequila- yes, please. Or maybe this cilantro and jalepeno-infused take on the classic margarita…I’ll have to share this recipe soon because it is ah-mazing if you like a spicy, bright, fresh cocktail.
And now back to our regularly scheduled program. Here’s the super simple recipe for the cilantro chimichurri and it all starts with this big, gorgeous pile of fresh cilantro goodness
I originally thought you had to whip out the blender for this which made me hesitate to make it in the past-BUT, you do not. Simply chop, let it marinate for a bit so the flavors come together, and eat!
Let me know if you try this and what you topped with it in the comments!
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- Simply place all of the ingredients, except the olive oil, in a bowl and let it marinate for about 10 minutes
- Then, whisk in olive oil to combine
- spoon over steak, fish, grilled veggies, burgers, tacos...